What is Screen Pack For Plastic Processing?
What is Screen Pack Meaning,belowing for your check.
- Screen Pack is usually a multilayered, nearly symmetrical sandwich of metallic wire screens.
- It is placed between the screw and the breaker plate, using the latter for physical support. It's role is to eliminate the particulate contaminants.
- The screen pack composition is always based on trade-offs, there is need to eliminate particulates using screens with high mesh, but at the same time this create flow restriction, it reduced the throughput, thus low mesh would be preferred.
- Decision should be made as for as the maximum tolerable size of the particulate contaminants.
Screen Pack For Example
Eliminate gross solid particles from PP melt, 20/60/20 mesh screen pack may be sufficient,
While to eliminate gel particles in film -grade EVAs , 60/180/400/180/60/20 has been used.
Screen Pack Some Notes
• Wire mesh 40,60,80
• Arrests the unmelted particles and contamination
• Helps in developing back pressure
Welding Screen Pack
Diameter of welding type could be xustomized
Spot would be customized